Monday, April 24, 2006

Twice the Pleasure, Twice the Dumb

There are some things in life that you have to have two of. Here are a few examples:

Twins! Can you imagine what the world would be like without twins? There would be no kids walking around in identical outfits and confusing everybody. The Weasly family from Harry Potter wouldn't be nearly as entertaining. Think of the parents that wouldn't have that nagging suspicion in the back of their mind that they might have gotten the twins mixed up when they gave them a bath. The worst thing would be that T.V shows would have to stop using the stupid joke about dating twins. Actually, that might help raise the quality of television.

The Roman Numeral for 2 (II). Would the Roman Empire have risen to greatness if they could never get past I (Roman Numeral for 1)? I can just see them trying to count their armies now. Caesar would ask his generals; "How many soldiers are they sending against our armies?" The generals would answer "I and I and I and I and......" By the time he finally got the whole answer, Rome would have been invaded. This may be false logic, because Austin seems to count just fine with and he can only say two. He will stand and count "two, two, two" and even though he only has the use of that one number, he still manages to jump on the count of three by only counting to two.

Ears! Now that would be a catastrophe. If people only had one ear, the world would be much different than it is today. If you only had one ear, you would have to keep on turning to hear a sound that wasn't on the same side of your head as your ear. People would get dizzy from spinning so much that the world would come to a stop. Scary, I know.

Two legs are also a requirement. First off, it wouldn't be legs, it would be leg. Nike, Reebok, and all the other big footwear companies would only be half as rich. Would stilts or Pogo sticks ever have been invented? Would a bicycle have only one wheel and become a unicycle? And what would a unicycle with one peddle look like?

Sides of a coin. What would happen if there was only one side to a coin. How many life-changing choices would never have been made? Can you picture the dilemma? I can see Sir Isaac Newton now. "Heads, I sit under the apple tree. Heads (one sided coin), I don't sit under the tree." Which brings me to another question. If Newton "discovered" gravity, then how did people stick to the surface of the earth before it was discovered?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I sure am glad that there are twins!

Dan Smith (a.k.a. ;-P )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said that you were sad that no one left any comments. So here you go. If we only had one ear then surround sound would pretty much be pointless. :-)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm deaf in one ear. Maybe I'm used to all the spinning around and therefor don't get dizzy. Although, I'm glad everyone else in the world has two ears, because I sure annoy people when I sometimes can't hear them.

I can feel your pain about Tannie's comment. I have a blog too (currently broken trying to fix it) and I don't get a whole lot of comments on my blog. So keep it up, I will try to post comments when I stop by and so far I think your blog is funny.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home